Sunday 4 December 2011

Week 1

Assalamualaikum. In this post, I'm gonna tell you what I've learnt through out this week. For your information, in UiTM, BEL260 or English Language Studies have 3 credit hours and we are require to attend 3 classes in a week. Since I created this blog after I've attended all the classes, so I'm gonna post it all in one post. I hope, you don't mind.

TUESDAY

Like any other class, the first class is when we break the ice. I mean the awkward feeling when we are with people when didn't know. So the first thing we did is to introduce ourselves.

But in my BEL260 class, we did it slighty different from any other class. We can not introduce outselves but our friend. So in this activity, we worked with partner. The luckiest girl in my class is Hefa Abdul Aziz because she got me as her partner. HAHA!

Hefa/Hepa/Ulat Hijau

We had to introduce our partner and list out 4 facts and put 1 lie. The lie should remain to be a secret and in the end of our part, the rest had to guess which 'fact' is a lie. Everybody took part. I like !


WEDNESDAY


From all the three class I've attended in this week, this Wednesday class was the most attractive one. This is because, the class was held not in class. I'm tired of table , chair , whiteboard , projector and etc. I love outdoor class. Eventhough the sun shine so hot.


The main purpose of this activity was to get ourselves to have a conversation in English I guess. Most of Malay students are more comfortable to converse in our  mother-tounge, Bahasa Malaysia and feel awkward to converse in English. But in this activity, we had to talk in ENGLISH only. Yea, this is an English class okay!


Topic I love the mostttt and got a lot of idea is 'Football'. If you are one of my close friend, you will know why. Hewhew


THURSDAY

class at night? Oh my godddd! I bet I will be so sleepy...
Ehhh. Don't freak out! This was just my first idea on how my first night class ever would be. I don't attend any tuition class before so night class would be a new experience for me maybe..

But Miss Zue changed the idea. It was a fun class. I love the room condition. Its cold. I felt comfortable. I love cold weather.

In this class, we were recaped topics that we had studied during Semester 1. We had a reviewed on Contextual Clues.

Contextual Clues means that we don't have to refer to the dictionary to get the meaning of the whole word. I mean like this.

She went to Paris and bought a lot of bauble such as earings, bracelet and ring.

For a learner like me, the word bauble might be unfamiliar. But I got to know the meaning of the word from the word from the clues in the word. 

YOU GOT ME? Hee.

Before we ended the class, we played a game on what we have reviewed to rate our understanding. We are diveded to 5 group. My groupmates is Salina, Hefa, Megat and Dinie. Alhamdulillah we got all correct :)
Thanks to Megat. He helped our group a lot.


I think, thats all for now. Thank you for reading. 
I'll keep updating :)

No comments:

Post a Comment